Title: Intermediate Environmental Professional
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Direct Report: Environmental Project Manager
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated Environmental Professional to join our team and assist in our continued growth and diversification. The successful candidate will champion and promote H3M’s initiatives while completing various environmental assessments and associated reporting in accordance with the needs of our diverse range of clientele.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead various environmental assessments including, but not limited to:
- Soil and vegetation assessments
- Stream assessments and classification
- Wetland assessments and classification
- Wildlife surveys
- Phase I and II Contaminated Site investigation
- Spill response
- Complete environmental construction/reclamation supervision on various project (e.g. pipelines, wellsites, etc.)
- Preparation of the following documents:
- Reclamation plans
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plans
- Environmental Mitigation Plans
- Environmental Protection Plans
- Review technical reports
- Mentor junior staff
- Degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline (e.g. biology, environmental science, geography, earth science, or soil/reclamation science)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience within the oil and gas industry. Experience within Alberta and British Columbia would be considered an asset
- Strong understanding of the regulations applicable for oil and gas activity applications within BC and AB
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and work independently with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience building relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders
- Professional designation or ability to obtain a professional designation would be considered an asset
- Ability to work in diverse terrain and competent in operating ATVs and snowmobiles
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply to: www.h3menviro.com