Title: Intermediate Environmental Professional
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Direct Report: Project Manager
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated Intermediate Environmental Professional experienced in Reclamation/Remediation to join our team and assist in our continued growth and diversification. The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and executing assessments, leading field crews, writing and reviewing technical reports and communicating with field consultants. The focus of this position is reclamation and remediation; however, there will be the opportunity to be involved in pre-construction and planning projects as well.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead various environmental assessments including, but not limited to:
- Stage I and II Contaminated Site Assessment;
- Supervise remediation of contaminated sites;
- Installation and monitoring of groundwater monitoring wells;
- Spill Response;
- Pre and Post Construction Site Assessments;
- Stream and wetland classification
- Avian and Wildlife Sweeps
- Work with Project Manager to manage and coordinate reclamation/remediation projects in BC, including developing work plans, budget and schedule management, technical leadership and ensure project quality;
- Lead and execute various remediation and reclamation work, including Stage I and II Preliminary Site Investigation’s, remediation, and reclamation supervision etc.;
- Prepare quality scientific and technical reports, including Stage I and II reports, remediation, and reclamation plans, pre and post construction reporting, mitigation plans, etc.;
- Mentor and train junior employees and provide support to Project Managers.
- University degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline (e.g. biology, environmental science, environmental engineering, geography, earth science, or soil/reclamation science);
- 3-5 years of environmental experience within the upstream oil and gas industry;
- Experienced and knowledgeable of British Columbia’s Contaminated Sites Regulations, British Columbia Certificate of Restoration process within the oil and gas industry, British Columbia Oil and Gas regulations as they pertain to remediation and reclamation.
- Knowledge of front-end environmental assessments and the associated Environmental Protection and Management Regulation would be considered an asset;
- Effective leadership skills (leading by example, mentorship, collaboration, etc.);
- Strong ability to conduct field assessments and collect/manage large amounts of data;
- Strong technical writing skills with attention to detail;
- Member or eligible for membership with an environmentally related professional association (e.g. P. Ag, ASct, R.P. F, R.P. Bio, P. Eng, P. Geo, P. Chem, etc.) would be beneficial.
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply to: www.h3menviro.com